Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Max!

Lucas has a 1949 bowling trophy on his dresser that belonged to his great grandfather Walter Andrews. Walt was born in 1898. Needless to say he was not around to meet Luc. He passed away when I was six. My brother only barely met him. Over the summer Granddad gave Lucas the trophy. Walt was an avid bowler. I remember looking at that trophy in the den, next to the "davenport" which is what Elizabeth Andrews called the couch. Yesterday we went duck pin bowling with Luc's buddy Max for his fifth birthday. They had a bunch of old trophies up around the fabulous fountain square duck pin bowling alley. One looked exactly like Walt's and Luc found it right away. He said, "look Mom! Just like my Great- Grandfather's!" It was a fun day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brent said...

Walt and Lucas would have been the best of buddies.

Granddad

Gran said...

I agree with Granddad!